The Manor of Hope residents have been quarantined now for almost two weeks
Residents and staff are following all the CDC and medical professionals precautions to keep our residents safe and to do our part to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Although quarantine means staying in place, the guys are keeping busy with different activities…
- During this time we have gone on bike rides and hikes, all the while observing social distancing rules.
- We have joined online recovery meetings and running our own house recovery groups as well.
- We are watching Ted Talks and videos and having meaningful conversations on important and valuable topics.
- And we continue our rigorous and thorough cleaning and disinfecting efforts several times a day.
- In addition, our residents are monitored daily for signs and symptoms of illness and contingency plans have been developed in the event someone shows any symptoms.
On the fun side of things, the Manor of Hope Olympics is still running strong. As you may know from previous posts, the Olympics are a combination of different activities, including poker, video games, card games, axe throwing.
The Olympic event schedule is organized by the residents, and it takes place at various times throughout each day.
At the moment, Dave has taken a commanding lead. However, it is too early to tell who the victor will be.
Stay tuned for more on the manor Olympics.
And remember, If you or a loved one are struggling with resources to battle addiction during this difficult time, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our doors are open. Our environment is safe. And we are here for you.