We believe that successful addiction treatment must incorporate 3 essential components:
The cause of his addiction must be identified and then treated appropriately.
Substance abuse is perceived as the cause of addiction. In reality, it is a symptom of the disease. Failure to recognize this distinction can lead to misguided treatment recommendations and poor outcomes.
We must recognize the complexity of addiction:
- Its genetic base
- Psychological and behavioral changes
- The impact on family and friends
All of these must be considered in order to maximize the chances for a successful outcome. Manor of Hope residents receive on-going individual, group and family support.
In addition our young men share their journey through constant peer-to-peer interaction. Over time our residents learn new adaptive behaviors, enabling them to manage their issues in a healthy manner.
The brain must be allowed sufficient time for healing to take place.
Most experts agree that substance abuse alters brain function. This abnormal signaling causes changes in behavior.
Afflicted individuals are impulsive, emotional and irrational.
When an individual suffering from the disease of addiction discontinues substance use, the brain begins to heal itself. With time and appropriate treatment, brain function and the abnormal behaviors return to a normal state.
Manor of Hope provides the environment and support necessary to achieve these goals.
Eliminating destructive behaviors that lead to substance abuse and then adopting a healthy new lifestyle is critical to long term success.
During their stay, Manor of Hope residents learn to:
- adopt new attitudes, behaviors, and values
- communicate effectively and co-operate with others
- be responsible and accountable
- be valuable employees and take pride in their performance
- develop humility, self-control, and excellence in standards
- manage and lead, problem solve, and make a contribution
- deal with changes and improve self-confidence
- be punctual, polite, reliable, and productive
- enjoy a wide range of healthy indoor and outdoor activities without unnecessary substances
- live a life free from the chains of addiction